Welcome to our publication resources page, where you’ll find instructional texts to support you during the publishing process. Our resource library is continually growing and includes materials to help you on the following kinds of projects:
- Book production
- Audio production
- Video production
- Infographic, broadside, & poster production
- Website production (& other digital texts)
- To design and layout your book, you’ll want to learn how to use Adobe InDesign. Here are some Adobe InDesign training videos. Adobe InDesign is available in the Publication Center (AAB 137) or through AllAccess (in AAB 327 or at allaccess.slcc.edu).
- Template for a chapbook (5.5 x 8.5 inches) + cover template.
- Template for a pocket book (4 x 5.5 inches)
- Template for a broadside.
- Template for a tri-fold brochure.
- Instructions for Turkish Map Fold book form.
- Template for a Wandering Codex/Accordion book form. And another version of the template that is IDML.
- Template for a Zine. And another version of the template that is IDML.
- Video instructions to make an Amulet of Hope book:
- View this brief screencast to learn how composing with audio is a rhetorical act.
- Audacity and how to use it. Also, view this curated list of resources.
- GarageBand and how to use it. Also, view this curated list of resources.
There are many video editing apps for iPhone/ Android. Here’s a short list:
iMovie (standard on iPhone)
Filmic Pro (iPhone)
Magisto (Android/ iPhone)
Adobe Premiere Clip (Android/ iPhone)
View the Web Writing Style Guide to learn about the best practices for web writing.
Learn about web accessibility standards and best practices.
Wordpress and how to use it.
Squarespace and how to use it.
Wix and how to use it.
issuu and how to use it.